Become a breeder in a growing company where you can make a difference, driving an innovative shellfish-breeding program that will promote sustainable aquaculture worldwide
Oceano Fresco is an ambitious new company based in Portugal, with mission to become a world leader in the development of innovative shellfish varieties with the most relevant traits for the production and consumption chain, respecting environmental sustainability and consumer safety. Oceano Fresco is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for an enthusiastic breeder who can implement a shellfish-breeding program at Oceano Fresco.
Salary will be commensurate and competitive with qualifications and experience of the applicant and will include annual bonus, stock options, and relocation and training costs.
The applicant should have:
- Proven knowledge and experience in genetic enhancement and breeding theory and practice, preferably in a commercial breeding environment (experience in shellfish is favored but not required)
- Strong and inspiring vision on breeding opportunities and ability to translate it into cutting-edge R&D programs
- Innovative, ambitious and enthusiastic spirit with solid communicative skills in a global setting
- Excellent problem solving skills, networking capabilities and strong organizational skills
- Fluent English proficiency (Oceano Fresco working language)
Oceano Fresco is located in Mira, on the Atlantic coast of Portugal close to Aveiro, Coimbra and Porto cities, near by the most important shellfish production areas of Europe and close to excellent research institutions (Universidade de Aveiro, Universidade do Porto, Universidade de Coimbra). This region of the country offers a great quality of life.
Why should you apply?
Oceano Fresco offers:
- Akey position in an innovative, ambitious and globally minded company
- An opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary and highly motivated team
- Interaction with a world class Advisory Committee with experience in plant, finfish and shellfish breeding
Please send a CV and a cover letter (in English) to email@example.com
For more information about the position contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Oceano Fresco: Oceano Fresco
For more information about living in Portugal:Living in Portugal
This job vacancy is part of a project that has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement Nº739773